Monday, March 24, 2008

The Wave

Last night was pretty rough weather, and no one I spoke to had a good night's sleep. There's just something about being thrown against the headboard and then the footboard of your bed that makes sleeping difficult. But, again, the experienced people say it's nothing. The ship's maximum roll last night was about 19 degrees. When I came down to the lab this morning, it looked like a destruction zone with chairs on their sides, papers and odds and ends all over the floor. There's no point in putting them back because everything will just fall over again (it's still really bad this morning). I was looking out the window in the lab and saw a wave that looked just like the famous Japanese print, The Wave. The navy blue was the perfect shade, with foam on the crest.

For reference:


Yesterday was Easter. I celebrated by... doing my shift as usual. I did get a visit by the Easter Bunny (myself) and got a slightly melted chocolate bunny. I thought of my mom as I ate the ears (the Foxtrot mom always steals the ears off of her kids' bunnies). We did have steak and shrimp for dinner, which I guess is pretty good for being in the South Pacific.

(originally posted on Livejournal)

No comments:

Post a Comment