Monday, March 17, 2008

The Flight

10:30 PM (Pacific Time, no idea what time zone I'm actually in), flying over the Pacific in an "aeroplane" as the flight attendants with the funny accents like to call it

I met up with C.H., who's also going on the cruise, in LAX. It's nice to be traveling with someone else.

Overseas flying is, apparently, very posh, which makes sense, as someone is paying hundreds of dollars for my ticket. They keep forcing free snacks and hot chocolate (with marshmallows) and socks and sparkling chardonnay upon us. :) The dinner, despite looking like a sad school cafeteria accident, was actually very good. (I think there was even goat cheese in the salad.) There's also a great selection of movies. I just finished watching Juno, which I highly recommend. It was artsy-ily made, which usually comes off as pretension, but was completely okay in this movie. Also, I have to buy the soundtrack when I get back to America. Remind me about that. Now, to work! (despite the tempting call of Gone With the Wind, Enchanted, Beowolf, random foreign subtitled films, The Lost Tomb of Jesus, and The Great Four Inventions of Ancient China documentary)

2:31 AM (Pacific Time), just crossed the equator

So... turns out it's almost impossible to sleep for more than 2 hours in an upright position. Fun! Maybe some law studying will put me to sleep. Or Beowulf, which actually is just as bad as everyone said it was.

7:11 AM (Pacific Time)

The future is now! (just crossed the dateline.)

7:50 AM, Tuesday (New Zealand Time)

We've switched planes, and now I'm on my way to Christchurch after a brief stop in Aukland. My rasberry danish had corn in it. I am confused.


sunrise on the aeroplane

9:31 AM, Tuesday (New Zealand Time), 1:31 PM, Monday (Pacific Time)

We've arrived! I've had something like four hours of sleep for the last two nights. Now we're bumming internet off the Antarctic Center. :)


penguin at the Antarctic Center

(originally posted on Livejournal)

No comments:

Post a Comment