Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Welcome to New Zealand

6:40 PM (New Zealand time)



C.H. and I arrived at the YMCA earlier today. The room is small, but I'm completely happy with it. I get a balconey and the view isn't bad. I'm leaving the balconey door open when I'm in the room because it's absolutely gorgeous weather. This bothers me, though, as it's the end of summer (also everybody stands upside down because we're on the other side of the world) and probably the hottest it gets here.



The YMCA is near the center of town, so we left our rooms and walked around a bit. The cathedral was odd because it was half tourist trap, half place where people actually worship. The "Cultural District" is a bunch of buildings that used to be part of Canterbury College but now house expensive art stores. Think a combination of Hogwarts and Caltech and then shrunk by 75%.







We ate at a Japanese/Thai place, and I had ramen. Very yummy. After walking around I went back to the room to crash for a few hours. Now it's 11 pm Pacific Time, and I definitely feel like I need to be asleep still. But the sleep part was nice. I missed that.

(originally posted on Livejournal)

No comments:

Post a Comment