Sunday, March 9, 2008

Welcome

During March and April I will be on board the icebreaker, Nathaniel B. Palmer, doing geophysics research. I will have limited access to the outside world (just small emails via satellite phone), so I created this journal to keep in touch with my family and friends. My parents will be posting the emails I send to them on this website, beginning next week.

Schedule:
March 16 - leave LA, California
March 18 - arrive in Christchurch, New Zealand, after a brief stop in Auckland (I will apparently be traveling at relativistic speeds, since 2 days will pass during my 15 hour flight.)
March 18-20 - sightsee!
March 20 - board the Palmer
March 21 - depart Port Lyttelton
April 14 - arrive in Punta Arenas, Chile
April 15 - leave the Palmer and fly home
April 16 - work like crazy catching up on schoolwork, worry about how my taxes were due yesterday

(originally posted on Livejournal)

No comments:

Post a Comment