Sunday, April 13, 2008

Land Ahoy

Things are slowing down on the boat. Turned out there wasn't a ping editing party this morning since most people finished their edits beforehand, so when I woke up we had stopped collecting data and land was in sight.



That rainbow has been following us all day. :) Ironically, the land we're seeing to either side of the channel looks a lot more like the LotR scenery than the stuff I saw in New Zealand. (The picture above isn't actually an example of this.)

It's funny how my subconscious has gotten so in tune with the rocking of the boat. When I woke up this morning I opened my door and didn't close it or latch it open right away and just left it hanging. This is amazing because after about the second day of the trip I learned never to leave a door open because it will just slam shut or attack you when the boat rocks. But my subconscious had noticed that we weren't rocking any more even if my mind didn't.

The next few days:

Monday: Get in to Punta Arenas in the morning (4 AM?). We're free to get off the boat as soon as customs is done with us (9 AM?), explore! and spend the night on the boat.
Tuesday: More exploring, possible trip to a penguin colony. Spend the night in a hotel.
Wednesday: Begin making my way back, Punta Arenas to Santiago, Santiago to Lima, Lima to Los Angeles (Lima being in Peru, which I didn't actually know.)
Thursday: get to LAX in the morning :)
Weekend: work like crazy

(originally posted on Livejournal)

No comments:

Post a Comment